Sound marketing strategy will bring in the enquiries, but that's only the start of the recruitment process. Potential starts are lost at every stage, and even starters do not always complete.
To convert each enquiry into a successful completer is the goal of every college. This calls for market intelligence, insight, and strategy.
Market research (such as surveys) into why applications don't convert to starts and why starters don't finish can provide vital evidence for informing future marketing messages to increase your full time starts.
5 Top Tips for increasing full time student enrolments
- Leaky pipeline - Find out what happens at each stage of your enrolment process so that you can fix any leaks
- Pick me! - Know what sets you apart from the competition and tell people about it
- Go undercover - mystery shop your customer service processes from enquiry to enrolment
- Keep warm - nurture new applicants, retain existing learners and encourage progression with continued messaging
- Parent Power - Invite parents in over the summer and give these key influencers a tour and a talk from the Principal.
The pipeline analysis is particularly useful as it identifies how many applicants go through the process of enrolment, starts and completion, what percentage drop off at each stage of the pipeline - and why.
An independent review of your college marketing and student services activity can help ensure that enquiries convert successfully to starters and completers. Contact us for more information.